I feel like I say this every month… I CAN’T BELIEVE AUGUST IS OVER!! It’s crazy! One moment I’m in the summer time, working at a family resort, and now I’m two weeks into my first year of college. WHAT.
College aside (and college is never aside, as it’s a constant feature in my life) I tried to take on two month-long readathons again in August: the NEWTS (suuuuuuper fun!) and Disneyathon. I failed them both, as I pretty much ignored any pre-set TBR I’d made and just reread my favorite romance books from Kristen Ashley all month.
I’d definitely been much more burnt out than I anticipated after the Bookie Trials, which is disappointing, but I still enjoyed watching the fun that the community had with those challenges. From my perspective (and my Twitter group chat’s mumblings), it doesn’t seem like many did nearly as well as they’d have liked, but that’s pretty much to be expected from August! Chins up, it’s a new month 😄
- The Aristocrat by Catherine Coulter (DNF)
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby (Goodreads | Amazon)
- The Governess Game by Tessa Dara (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Overruled by Emma Chase (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Sustained by Emma Chase (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Breathe by Kristen Ashley (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Jagged by Kristen Ashley (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Lady Lucky by Kristen Ashley (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (Review)
- The Wallflower Wager: Girl Meets Duke by Tessa Dara (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Sweep of the Blade by Ilona Andrews (Goodreads | Amazon)
- Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews (Goodreads | Amazon)
- no progress :(
- Read 5 historical romances (4/5)
- Read 5 fantasy novels (5/5)
- Seafire by Natalie C. Parker (Review)
- no progress :(
Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann
Oh look, a book that’s available through Kindle Unlimited!! What fun :) It’s my first KU read of the month, and I’m not very far yet 😅 but we’ll see! It follows a single-dad (with demons, of course) to an autistic son. He rents out office space to a music therapist, but finds he can’t deal with the harsh reality (of noise) that her profession entails. But sparks fly… and he finds himself unable to evict her when his son forms an attachment to the “bubbly, constantly humming redhead.” It’s just the kind of fluffy romance I’m looking for, I hope 😄
We did have some exciting blog posts last month! And by “some” I mean one … 😁 I did mention that it was a rough month, right??!! Between work, mentally preparing myself to move into college, physically preparing myself to move into college and then actually moving into college, I was all booked up. But it is a nice review! I can promise that I already have several posts ready for you this month, so it won’t be the ghost town on here you hopefully haven’t become accustomed to 😄
- Review: Work in Progress by Staci Heart (Review) <— A Kindle Unlimited read!!
I’ve been working with Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole and other book bloggers on a Fierce Female Featurette that’s been loads of fun! Please check out her website or the designated twitter @fiercefemreads for more information and to stay up-to-date on the fun! It starts tomorrow 😉 I will be posting about
- The Fiercest Females in Urban Fantasy, and
- Contemporary Romance’s Top Fierce Females!!
September is the month of Kindle Unlimited!! If I’m not rereading my favorite Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh (seriously the best!!), I’ll be enjoying my last month of free Kindle Unlimited. Throughout the month, there will be multiple blog posts for different KU books that are my TBR! It’s not a set list of what I’m going to read, but a wide-variety of books I’ve put on my list for consideration. The post’s will be organized by tropes, including the ones included in the list below. Be on the lookout! Please let me know in the comments below if you’ve read a great KU read that you’d recommend I check out :)
- Kindle Unlimited TBR: Second-Chance Romances
- Kindle Unlimited TBR: Office Romances
- Kindle Unlimited TBR: Friends-to-Lovers
- Kindle Unlimited TBR: Sports Romances
- Kindle Unlimited TBR: High School Romances
- … among others!
How was your month of reading? Are you also failing in any reading challenges 😅? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!