Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
How my week went
I worked pretty much all week … have been procrastinating on an article I need to get in … and took my niece and nephew to an amusement park on one of their busiest days of the season. I also had a birthday on Friday! And had to work a surprise eleven hour shift. I was only supposed to work swing (11-7pm), but the closers called in so I worked 11-10:15pm. Fun day!
In other news, I’ve received a couple of beautiful Evie Seo products and the next two books in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh! I got a wonderful Harry Potter sticky quote for my wall and a tiny one. The tiny one says “Just a Hogwarts Girl in a Muggle World” … which is accurate :D I also received a Harry Potter movie poster (that had all the movie posters in it)!! As well as money for more bookish purchases. What a successful bookish haul! And the spice cake? Delicious. No better cake in the world. I’ve had it for breakfast every day for the last two days.
Last Week on the Blog
- Cross Check by Kelly Jamieson (review + excerpt)
- T5W: Series That improve With Each Book
- Exploited by A. Meredith Waters (excerpt)
- Misconduct by Samantha Kane (review + exclusive scene as character interview)
This Week on the Blog
- Mini-Review Compilation
- T5W: Book Covers You’d Live In
- First Line Friday #4
What I Read This Week
- Ninja At First Sight: An Origin Story by Penny Reid
- Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
- CR: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
Around the Blogosphere
- Cait @ Paperfury did a Vlog!! If you’re hoping to see her face, I’m afraid it will remain a mystery. But still, check it out: A Vlog?? A VLOG (!!) Wherein I Play “Never Have I Ever” With My Sister
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland posted a ton of mini-reviews … definitely check them out : Minotes #1
- Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer reviews my most anticipated book of the year: Wildfire by Ilona Andrews
- Becca @ Lost in Lit promotes one of my go-to YA romance authors new books … check out their post on Lucky in Love by Kasie West
- Cait @ Paperfury and Mist @ Chasing FaeryTales do a collab review on my favorite book of the year – Eliza and Her Monsters. See it here: Monstrous Discussion with @PaperFury And @ChasingFaerytales on Eliza And Her Monsters (Geek Life, Internet Appreciation, and So Many Eggs)
New Arrivals to C2C’s Bookshelves (TBR)
On the Blog
It’s a readathon and a photo-challenge … all mixed together! You could take or leave the photo-challenge aspect if you wish :)
The goal is to complete 17 challenges within two months (June and July) … and participants get to enter in an end-of-readathon giveaway with ERIN WATT!!
You heard it … GIVEAWAY!!! They agreed to put up a copy of their newest release, When It’s Real for all you lovely participants :) Check out the information post for more information on how to participate!
Giveaway is still open … only for a limited time! Click on the picture above to enter :)
- So I restarted Daredevil … he is still a badass
- Evie Seo is a bookish nerd designer beast!
- I want to buy a bookish candle. Problem is … I have no idea which one to get!! Too many wonderful options. Ideas?
- Which series should I get … A Darker Shade of Magic or This Savage Song?
How was your week? Did you read anything amazing? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!