Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
How my week went
Well. My week was going pretty good – it’s sunny, the weathers been nice and it’s been quite relaxing over here. Friday, however, the weather took a turn for the worst. Tornado warnings and sirens and scary weather. And I was sitting in a restaurant right next to a wall of windows. We managed to get home in a storm lull and watched Beauty and the Beast. Yay! I still think that movie is so cute 💕
Yesterday I went to a babyshower – and it was so weird. Before I even got there, I cut my head with the serrated edge of a grilled spatula – it was hanging from a hook and I jumped right into it. So my head throbbing. Then we left for the babyshower and yum! They had strawberries dipped in chocolate; marsh mellows on a pretzel stick, dipped in chocolate with Heath toffee bar crumbles on it (divine); petit fours or something another, which is like little cheesecake tings that were scrumptious. I feel like I ate ten of everything. I know I didn’t, but I had to be practically rolled home. Not counting the actual food that was there.
But then we all traipsed outside and sat indirect sunlight for close to four hours. In dresses – it was miserable. They had a huge tent, it was a carport, and all they had under it was the gifts table and the mother-to-be. The rest of us were semicircled around the tent – in the sun. So the mother-to-be was isolated and we were heating up. There must have been a different way to arrange all that.
Anyway. Great week :)
Last Week on the Blog
- T5W: Books without romance (post)
- Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017 TBR (post)
- First Line Friday #2 (post)
This Week on the Blog
- I Need You Tonight by Stina Lindenblatt + Excerpt
- 8 Kickass Fictional Females I’d Name My Daughters After
- Blogiversary Celebration Giveaway
What I Read This Week
- Cross Check by Kelly Jamieson
- Misconduct by Samantha Kane
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- CR: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
Around the Blogosphere
- Cait @ Paper Fury talks about her 10 Most Common Complaints I Have Whilst Reading Books (And How Dare They Tho)
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland talks 5 Books That Deserve More Love
- … and basically I marathoned a ton of BookTube videos???? I guess??? Whoops :)
New Arrivals to C2C’s Bookshelves
A half-priced books haul…
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Screenplay by JK Rowling
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
An Amazon haul in preparation for the Biannual Bibliothon …
- Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
- Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
- Fire by Kristin Cashore — super cheap right now!!
- Exploited by A. Meredith Walters — Thank you Loveswept!
On the Blog
It’s a readathon and a photo-challenge … all mixed together! You could take or leave the photo-challenge aspect if you wish :)
The goal is to complete 17 challenges within two months (June and July) … and participants get to enter in an end-of-readathon giveaway with ERIN WATT!!
You heard it … GIVEAWAY!!! They agreed to put up a copy of their newest release, When It’s Real for all you lovely participants :) Check out the information post for more information on how to participate!
- Lost Girl is a totally awesome TV show. I would know because I’m watching it for the second time XD
- Spice Cake is absolutely scrumptious
- Anything dipped in chocolate is divine.
- Half-Priced Books is both awesome and the biggest con ever. Books are uber cheap – unless they are newly released “20% off bestseller price” (i.e., the ones I want). Then Amazon is cheaper.
- Funko Pops are still amazing and I WANT I WANT I WANT
- I’m window shopping bookish candles and I don’t know what to choose!
- Doctor Strange and Beauty and the Beast are top-notch movies.
- Head injuries suck.
- Kristin Cashore has a new book coming out! It’s Jane, Unlimited and I can’t waiittt!!!
How was your week? Did you read anything amazing? How was your 4th of July? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!