Hey, fellow readers!
I was setting up my calendar a few weeks ago for the summer and was checking out the available readathons and bookstagram photo-challenges. I love doing them both, yet the latter has never been completely fulfilled and the former always seems to fall on an inconvenient time. So I decided to create my own readathon / photo challenge to keep me busy this summer. It’s challenging – but not completely taxing. Better yet, it’s achievable. I’ve never been able to complete all 30-31 photos in a month and I always seem to be ultra-busy during readathons.
Welcome to the flexible readathon/photo challenge.
The readathon will run from June 1st – July 31st. That’s two months, people. That seems like a long time now, but trust me. When July 20th hits, it will feel like June 1st was only yesterday.
There will be 17 challenges to complete. That’s a book every 3.5 days. Of course, a book may count for two challenges – but no more than two!
I did mention this was part photo-challenge and part readathon, right? You can use this challenge as either, or both.
Just make sure that if you use the challenges as photo prompts, you use the hashtag #C2CReadathon2017 !
Better …. there’s an end of readathon / challenge giveaway! #C2CReadathon2017 is being generously sponsored by Erin Watt, author of the Royals series and our group read, When it’s Real. They are willing to put up a signed copy of our group read, When It’s Real to win towards the end of the challenge!
Every readathon / challenges has to have rules, right?
- Must read the group book: When it’s Real
- One book can count for no more than two challenges. That means, to complete the challenge fully, you will have to read 9 books minimum.
- Must have the hashtag #C2CReadathon2017 on each post update
Buy book now!
Genre: YA | Contemporary | Romance
Published: May 30, 2017
Pages: 416 pages
Average Rating: 4.22 stars
Description: From #1 New York Times bestselling author duo Erin Watt comes the addictive contemporary tale of a teen rock star in need of an image makeover and the teen girl hired to be his fake girlfriend.
Meet Oakley Ford-teen celebrity, renowned pop star, child of famous movie stars, hottie with millions of fangirls… and restless troublemaker. On the surface he has it all, but with his home life disintegrating, his music well suddenly running dry, and the tabloids having a field day over his outrageous exploits, Oakley’s team decides it’s time for an intervention. The result: an image overhaul, complete with a fake girlfriend meant to show the world he’s settled down.
Enter seventeen-year-old Vaughn Bennett-devoted sister, part-time waitress, the definition of “normal.” Under ordinary circumstances she’d never have taken this gig, but with her family strapped for cash, she doesn’t have much of a choice. And for the money Oakley’s team is paying her, she figures she can put up with outlandish Hollywood parties and a team of publicists watching her every move. So what if she thinks Oakley’s a shallow, self-centered jerk? It’s not like they’re going to fall for each other in real life…right?
Make sure to read the following carefully to know how to qualify
- Use the hashtag #C2CReadathon2017 or tag @KatSnark in each of your social updates for photo-challenge / readathon completion. Each time you finish a book, an update is necessary. Whether it’s a gorgeous shot of your book among flowers or a twitter update, make sure it’s there and tagged with the hashtag to qualify. (Updates can be through Twitter or Instagram)
- As this is a photo challenge and a readathon, you only qualify for the giveaway if you read each book you photograph. Make sure you mention your thoughts of the book in the description box!
- Must follow the blog 🙂
- Must have completed 15+ challenges to qualify. Extra point if you completed them all!
- Comment with a thoughtful comment about one of the books you read or the challenge in general. Spam comments like “thanks”, “great post” and “comment” will be instantly deleted.
- Rafflecopter giveaway will be open starting July 15th – this is just a formality and a place to store the links to all of your posts so I can find them easily. Please make sure you are doing the above throughout the entire two months.
How’s the reading going so far? Are you excited? Are you planning on participating? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!